Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Please let me know if HP Notebook 15 BS-112tx supports m.2 ssd. If yes, then which type there are SATA, PCI, NAND.

I checked out the manual it says it supports M.2 Interface ATA-7.

I have no idea what ATA 7 interface means. Also if I install this m.2 drive can I use it as boot drive? by installing windows 10

Pictures of motherboard are attached also help me identify the m.2 socket.20200130_171834.jpg20200130_172334.jpg20200131_043336.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bilal01,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether there is an M.2 slot on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Based on the service guide for your computer, there is an M.2 slot available on the computer and you can install an SSD and use it to install Windows on the SSD.

The slot beside the RAM locks like the M.2 slot however, I am not sure.

I hope that answers your question goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bilal01,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether there is an M.2 slot on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Based on the service guide for your computer, there is an M.2 slot available on the computer and you can install an SSD and use it to install Windows on the SSD.

The slot beside the RAM locks like the M.2 slot however, I am not sure.

I hope that answers your question goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks 

Just one more thing how do I figure out if this is m.2 SATA port or nvme

HP Recommended

@bilal01,

Nvme uses PCIe slot and M.2 SATA uses SATA port.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

do you know which slot is used in this hp model. Is it PCIe or SATA ?

HP Recommended

@bilal01,

You need to open the back to the laptop and check to know the exact slot available on the computer. However, based on the image you have shared it looks like a Nvme slot.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.