Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 p003-tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

Since I could not find any relevant category to post my question so I am adding it here...

I have been running from Pillar to Post but nobody in HP is ready to disclose the fact.

Q1: Why HP hasn't listed a single Pen drive on their HP India or HP U.S. official site?

Q2. Why is not a single Pen drive listed at HP India Shopping website?

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/

Q3. Has HP ever manufactured an HP OTG Pen drive?

The reason to ask my above questions is b'coz  I want to buy an OTG Pen Drive of minimum 128GB capacity and I noticed this HP Pen Drive: HP HPFD302M 128GB OTG Pen Drive (SilverBlue) at: https://www.tatacliq.com/hp-hpfd302m-128gb-otg-pen-drive-silverblue/p-mp000000004707197

& at Amazon India:

https://www.amazon.in/HP-HPFD302M-Flash-Drive-Sliver/dp/B07PQLWZ2B?th=1

however, I do not see this listed anywhere of HP's official website either India or The U.S. so I wonder from where did these 3rd party e-commerce website found & listed the Pen drive from?

This was questioned to TataCliq & to HP in a tweet but the Tata Cliq was not able to prove the authenticity of the product & from where they obtained whereas HP kept silence over the entire matter & did not have any Shame or Courage in themselves to come forward & prove these are HP products listed on 3rd party websites?

So I really don't understand when HP has not given any official details about this or any other Pen drives than how are they floating around in the market for sale??? Shall I understand these are duplicates or counterfeit product being sold by putting up fake name of HP?

If this is correct than why hasn't HP looking into this & taken any appropriate actions? Everything is just creating doubts in my mind at every step? Same is with Sony. No-where on Sony India website has been mentioned about a single Pen drive but their Pen Drive products too are floating around in the market!!!!

In such strange situations, how am I going to purchase an authentic OTG (Android) Pen drive???

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@apoorva_sheth 

A1. Yes HP does, but only a very small number of products,

A2. You have to ask them. I can't find HP pen drives on the shops in my country too (Australia)

A3. Depending on your device and cable, you can use normal pen drives with a right OTG cable.

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/what-is-usb-otg/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnL7yBRD3ARIsAJp_oLbZHwtsSg8-NI2P94...

I believe pen drives are NOT HP main stream products.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhien for your reply. But I wonder a product which hasn't been listed on any of their official website and HP expects a consumer to trust on their products which are floating around in the market with their name on the product, why?

A1. Yes HP does, but only a very small number of products, - Than why they aren't shown on their official website, even if they're all happen to  be in small numbers?

A2. You have to ask them. I can't find HP pen drives on the shops in my country too (Australia) - Well you know very well how Illiterates & a STRONG consumer harassing mentality & approach the employees at HP have especially their Customer Support / Sales team. If I asked any questions about HP product outisde their knowledge boundaries than, they simply SHAMELESSLY straight tell on face: "Sorry, we don't have information or knowledge about the Pen drives as we do not sell one at HP India Shopping website" and than throw me here & there to one of their Authorised local dealer who too said: "We only sell Printers & Laptops and have no knowledge about the Pen drives as we aren't trained or given any infor about it" & directs me to Service centre. When I request the owner at this HP Authorised store if he can check with HP & get back to me about the details of an OTG pen drive & from where can it be purchased, he straight said NO on my face & refused to help....this is what the service of HP is and their UGLY face looks like!

The Service Centre employee tells they don't sell HP Pen Drives & directs me back to HP World Authorise dealer.

Everybody in this chain ARE SUCH SHAMELESS that they straight REFUSED to help me out instead, kicked me off & got themselves free of responsibilities...they just aren't bothered about the future of HP, its sales, its business....these SHAMELESS HP employees just work to take salary back home at the end of every month for offering no help to  a customer at all thereby pushing them to HP's competitors due to which HP lose both customer & income..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.