Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 450 G4 PRO BOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone

I am a new and first time owner of an hp brand laptop.  It's a refurbished laptop and not exactly brand new but it comes pretty close.  As i scanned through my device i went over to the computer management section>>device manger, and noticed that the disk drive in my laptop was a TOSHIBA disk drive.  Is this because my laptop is refurbished and they installed a different brand disk drive instead of the original one due to possible complications with the original when the laptop was still new?  or does hp use disk drives from  different laptop brands?  Could this cause any future complications in my laptop? And would it be an issue if i tried to install any hp software updates?

This is my first ever refurbished laptop by the way, and i bought it from a local computer store.

Looking forward to hearing  your expert answers, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Welcome to the HP support forum.

HP doesn't manufacture any of the hardware components in their PC's.

Computers are assembled from different manufacturer's components conforming to HP's specifications.

In other words, there is no such thing as a HP hard drive.

HP will use hard drives from several different manufacturers...Toshiba, Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi...

Your model happens to have a Toshiba drive.

Your notebook having a Toshiba hard drive will not adversely affect it in any way.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Welcome to the HP support forum.

HP doesn't manufacture any of the hardware components in their PC's.

Computers are assembled from different manufacturer's components conforming to HP's specifications.

In other words, there is no such thing as a HP hard drive.

HP will use hard drives from several different manufacturers...Toshiba, Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi...

Your model happens to have a Toshiba drive.

Your notebook having a Toshiba hard drive will not adversely affect it in any way.

HP Recommended

Awesome!  Thank you so much for the clarification on the matter, i am very relieved and pleased to hear that my laptop won't be affected in any way by the type of drive installed.  Your swift response is highly appreaciated.  

Thank you again and take care.  :generic:

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Enjoy your new HP notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.