Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How can I determine if my notebook has vPro and and if it does how can I enable it.  Went to BIOS and could not find setting for vPro.

System  Information

Notebook Model                                      HP Elitebook 8460p

Product Number                                      XU057UT#ABA

Serial Number                                          [removed per Rules Of Participation]

Universal Unique Identifier                  5C12DED1B32E111BA074885BFOC1082

Asset Tag                                                    CNU15201PQ

System Configuration ID                       A0001D02

System Board ID                                      161C

System Board CT                                      PCCKBOOWF1Z2E5

BIOS Revision                                            68SCF Ver. F.67

BIOS Date                                                    02/13/2018

Keyboard Controller Revision             97.4E

Video Bios Revision                                 Intel 2089

Processor Type                                         Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU

MicroCode Revision                                  2D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

vPro isn't something you turn on or off.

vPro is a combination of hardware that meets the vPro specification.

This document will explain it better than I can...

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/platform-briefs/8th-gen-vPro-platform-b...

The processor your notebook has is a vPro eligible processor, and combined with the high end components your Elitebook had at the time, it is probably a vPro platform.

https://ark.intel.com/products/52229/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz?q=i5-2520...

HP Recommended

@kcav

Intel® vPro™ Technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security.

1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware

2) Identity and web site access point protection

3) Confidential personal and business data protection

4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations.

https://ark.intel.com/products/52229/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying that vPro is hardware that meets vPro specifications and a vPro platform is a combination of a vPro processor and other “high end components” that combine to form a vPro platform.  

And thank you for directing my attention to the brief, “The Intel vPro Platform – A Foundation for Digital Transformation,” and for referencing the article “Intel Core i5-2520M Processor”.  Together they present the essential features of a vPro platform and a comprehensive list of specifications with references to information about each item,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thank you for directing my attention to the article “Intel Core i5-2520M Processor”.  It presented a comprehensive list of specifications for a vPro platform buil around the processor with references to information about each item,

HP Recommended

It is my understanding to determine if AMT is enabled Intel Management & Security Status (IMSS) should be run.   I went to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads - HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - Driver Chipset.  Four programs were listed.  I don’t know which of these downloads contains Intel Management and Security Status (IMSS) for Elitebook 8460p running Win 7 64-bit.  

HP Recommended

Hi:

It should be part of the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver.

See this link...

http://www.filefacts.com/intelr-management-and-security-status-info

Using the free file utility 7-Zip, I extracted the sp55757 IMEI driver from your notebook's support page to its driver folder.  I used that driver version because it had the newer date.

Upon opening the extracted driver folder, inside that folder are several other folders. 

One of them is labeled IMSS, and when I open that folder, I see the icon that is supposed to be placed in the system tray after you install the driver, according to that link I posted above.

Looks like a little blue key in a blue bordered white box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.