Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook G3 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have tried a lot of things already including cmos battery removal and reset the bios, but my problem persists. Laptop only works with power supply, but not on battery. Removed the battery but when powered on, it says plugged in and charging when there is no battery in the system. If you plug in the battery, it says it is at 82% when battery is probably dead as it has not been able to charge the battery for the last 3-4 months. that fake 82% number is stuck no battery what you try, it does not move from that number. As I said, short of changing the motherboard and the battery itself to another, I have tried all possible things that can be done. I think at this point, the motherboard is damaged as my 15 Year Old Daughter sheepishly admitted that the laptop bag fell down from the chair when this problem started. I thought if I remove the cmos battery and the laptop battery and short the pins of cmos, it would reset the motherboard bios etc, but looks like that did not work. Any other thoughts?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.