Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio G7 Mobile Workstation (8YP43AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

16533536167845432480025132371499.jpg

 this comes up after a while of non use. I bought this a few months ago in an online auction. They sold many of these. I think they got them from some corporation that may have gone under, by the looks of it. There must have been a small pallet of these as they came sealed in a typical poly bag inside of an egg crate looking material, along with charger and docking station with its own power supply.  I assume an administrator set them all up and then resealed them. Not sure. I tried the first method I found using  "Windows Password Key" tool and a disk, but when I reboot and hold f12, as per the instructions, nothing happens. No bios. It just goes straight to desktop. The Admin screen asking for a password is easily skipped over if I reboot but who wants to do that all the time? It has windows 10 enterprise but by manually editing the registry in two places as directed by the article I read, to back out enterprise and type in pro I was able to at least activate it as 10 pro. Couldn't before. I'd like to keep it as the price was very low compared to retail so if anyone can assist with changing or removing the password that would be nice. Thanks in advance, Regards, Eric

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @Hometheaternut2  🙂

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.