cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DoubleDanDay
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Driver missing on HP product page

HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, the HP Hot Keys driver is missing on the driver downloading page. It's even missing among similar models. About 10 months ago I got a new SSD and was able to download the Hot Key then, but this time around it's not there. So, therefore, I am unable to mute the microphone (via hotkeys) or adjust the brightness. However, strangely, I can still adjust the volume via Hotkeys... ?

I tried going to the 'contact section', but it's like a maze... sort of like they don't really want to be contacted... kind of annoying.

Does anyone know where the missing HP Hotkey driver is, or do i have another issue?

I have an HP Probook 650 G1

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,422 91,084 20,986 28,075
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @DoubleDanDay 

It appears that HP has removed all of the W8.1 hotkey exe files from their FTP server, but left the html info and cva files.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.html

I have zipped up the driver you need and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the driver below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=FVe2Pb

Download, unzip and run the file labled sp66562.zip.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,962 24,651 7,394 10,729
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
DoubleDanDay
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, but it says that app can't run on my pc. I am using Windows 8.1 by the way. 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @DoubleDanDay 

It appears that HP has removed all of the W8.1 hotkey exe files from their FTP server, but left the html info and cva files.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.html

I have zipped up the driver you need and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the driver below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=FVe2Pb

Download, unzip and run the file labled sp66562.zip.

View solution in original post

DoubleDanDay
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It worked Paul, thank you. 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation