Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a few laptops online ( 6x HP elite x2 1012 g1) . As it seems the seller didn't tell me that these are EEP's. There is a sticker on it with " Only for engineering puposes only" and "Not for sale". 

I mostly buy laptops to fix them and sell them further. But my question is, can I sell these laptops without getting in trouble? ( They are working fine). 

It also says that I have to immediately update the flash bios, but somehow I can't download any updates on the EEP's.

Any solutions? 

Kind regards,

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would try to get my money back from the guy who sold them or tell him I was going to call HP security. Failing that, I would part them out and sell the components...screens, etc. and try to get my money back that way. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Those laptops are HP property and were never intended for sale. Occasionally they are sold but only to be parted out not sold as working units. They usually smash the screens for example. Some insider stole those from HP and sold them. Can you get hold of your seller and ask where they came from? 

HP Recommended

He said that his dad works at the headquarters.  He also told me that they are throwing these "prototypes" away, and that his dad found this in the techgarbage in the HP building. What I just discovered is that some of them have technical issues like an dead battery as example. 

So the headquarters gave it to him because it wasn't usable? 

It is a pretty anonymous guy so..

HP Recommended

People that work there know they can't just take stuff out of the trash. It still belongs to HP. 

HP Recommended

Stupidity from me to buy this from that guy. 
Spend a huge amount of cash of these laptops actually..

What would be the best to do? go to the local HP building and give them ?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I would try to get my money back from the guy who sold them or tell him I was going to call HP security. Failing that, I would part them out and sell the components...screens, etc. and try to get my money back that way. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice.

I will try it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.