Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 17
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Elite Thunderbolt 3 dock ethernet port not working with ZBook 17.

I have a 200W power supply.  All other ports are working.

The cable from the docking station is the 200W on eith thunderbolt and power in one connector.

2 display ports, 3 USB ports, 1 VGA port.

Ethernet will only work when it is plugged into the Zbook 17.

What can I try to get the ethernet port on the dock to function properly?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Ethernet port on the dock is a USB device connected to the USB host controller in the dock. Do other USB devices connected to the dock work correctly? Do you see any entry relating to the network controller in the "Network adapters" or "Other devices" sections of Device Manager?

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

This is a screen shot of my Device Manager

HP Recommended

The Thunderbolt (G1) dock uses a Broadcom netiwork chip and therefore, you will need to load the Broadcom driver to support that network connection. You can use HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) to load that, and any other missing or in need of updates, driver

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I was able to get this fixed, there was an incorrect DNS server entry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.