Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 2560p

I am looking at a used HP EliteBook 2560p for sale.

The seller says that the laptop has a BIOS password.

Will I be able to clear the password?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The security is designed to be unbreakable and generally is. There are, however, sellers on eBay who say they offer a password clearance kit that will work even with high security models such as that one. Personally, I would look for another laptop. If the seller does not know the password there is some chance the laptop is not shall we say his legitimate property or, best case the seller is not a very competent computer user and who knows what else might be wrong with it? 

HP Recommended

The seller looks to be legit.

An e-recycling firm. Probably like that the one here in my town that takes used electronics and try to sell those that are re-usable.

HP Recommended

They need to sharply discount it for the BIOS issue. Makes the laptop really difficult to configure properly. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-Password-Removal-Service-Dell-Fujitsu-Sony-HP-Samsung/282419547208?has...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.