Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Renegadelama Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EliteBook 8470p constantly turns self off for 1 month solid.

HP EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had a problem for a month with my HP EliteBook 8470 as it constantly turns itself off. The screen says "your computer ran into a problem and needed to turn itself off, gather information/data and will turn itself off". I have worked with many microsoft/windows technologists removing and installing windows 10 home and/or pro. For some unknown reason, even the 2nd tier tech support could not get the elitebook to accept pro, despite 6-10 hour sessions trying. I have reason to believe I am being hijacked, and I hoped windows 10 pro could block this better, but the EliteBook 8470 could not complete loading windows 10 pro. Ever since this 2 week effort, My Elitebook 8470p turns itself off and on again, so often, I am unable to draft an extremely importadnt email for a month now. 10 years ago, a software company specializing in internet security (PC Tools I believe) had 1 of the 3 or 4 founders contact me through one of their top support managers, and explained to me that the top directors/founders very much wanted me to be aware that the level of the technologies being used against my PC was many years ahead of what they normally dealt with. I just thought I should make that information available in this request. I then, and still do, work in a number of human rights situations, and have paid a certain price as a result. Thanks so much for considering my MIS problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation