Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

After a year of use, my laptop began suddenly, without warning, to turn off while working on the battery. At first I could not understand what was happening: I work on the battery, "bam" - the laptop turned off. I thought - it's a random bug. But no, the situation repeated.

I started watching - and found that the laptop turns off when, according to Windows 10 battery indicator, the battery level is 16-18%! I tested the battery with UEFI HP utility - no problems were detected, the battery capacity level was 84%. It was november 2018.

Ok, let 84%. Let now the laptop does not work 9 hours on battery, and 7.5 hours on battery. But should he inform me that the battery low? In the settings of the power plan Windows 10 I have indicated that I need to report about the charge of 10% or less. Ok, I set the level of 20% for messages (although this is not the case at all, so the battery is “enough” for 5 hours).

But two days ago, the laptop suddenly turned off again. Without warning. After that, I turned it on - and the battery level was 22%! Today - this level was 23%!

I understand that my warranty is over. But **bleep**, this is HP EliteBook! Business laptop, isn't it? I use only HP EliteBook many years. Last my EliteBook, 8460p, worked from 2011 to 2017 - and there were no problems. He still works, I gave it to my employee. The battery, of course, lost its capacity and, instead of 5 hours, holds less than an 1 hour. But the laptop honestly warns when the battery is almost gone. What's wrong with my new laptop, which worked a little over a year, and battery cycles only 145?

I always installed all updates on time: BIOS, drivers, Windows etc...

I calibrated battery manually by this instructions: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04700771

I deleted "ACPI battery controller".

I tried, it seems, everything that I found on the HP community forums.

Is now on HP EliteBooks laptops need to change the battery after a year of use? 145 cycles with a design 1000 cycles!

Help me, please!

Spoiler
CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11
DevicesSupported: 1
DeviceCount: 1
Primary_ACPowerOn: True
Primary_ACAdapterOk: True
Primary_TestresultString: OK
Primary_DesignCapacity: 4935mAh
Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 4095mAh
Primary_RemainingCapacity: 1068mAh
Primary_MaxError: 1
Primary_CycleCount: 145
Primary_Temperature: 30deg C
Primary_Voltage: 11752mV
Primary_Current: 478mA
Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550mV
Primary_Status: 128
Primary_CellVoltage1: 0mV
Primary_CellVoltage2: 3891mV
Primary_CellVoltage3: 3900mV
Primary_CellVoltage4: 3916mV
Primary_SerialNumber: 00901 2017/07/11
Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-17-29
Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6FXLK08WY863E7
Primary_Warranty: 3
Primary_CalibrationType: 3
Primary_ChargeControl: Supported
Primary_TempCharge: True
Primary_ChargeTest: True
Primary_ChargeCapacity: 82
Primary_TempAlarm: False
Primary_DeepDischarge: False
Primary_FullCharge: False
Primary_FullChargeStatus: False
Primary_BatteryCharge: True
Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

in most cases, the Elitebook x360 030 g2 comes with a 3 yr warranty that includes the battery... i would confirm your warranty

also, start by HP Image Assistant and update BIOS, Firmware, and drivers for your laptop and see if the problem still persists

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, judging by the data of the HP site, the warranty period for my laptop expired on August 7, 2018. I understand that this is probably my mistake - not paying attention when buying to the need for an extended warranty. Apparently, I too trusted the HP EliteBook brand...

All necessary updates BIOS, drivers, windows - I always install on time. By the time when the problem described above began to appear - I had an actual BIOS, drivers, etc.

It seems that the battery controller gives out completely incorrect data. But I do not know how to reset it. I did everything I found on the HP website to calibrate the battery and reset the controller - but nothing helped.

HP Recommended

one way to reset the battery connection is by pressing the Pwr button for 15 seconds

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for paying attention to my problem!

But, unfortunately, I also followed your recommendation - there is no result.

Looks like I got some kind of bad battery. I heard that HP was recalling laptop batteries in 2017. Maybe the battery of my laptop is just from a bad lot?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.