Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 745 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I have EliteBook 745 G6 laptop for my daily work. my computer's battery life seems approx 5-7 hours in reviews but ı can only get 2 hours battery life. 

I only using outlook & new microsoft edge  while working, ı'm getting 2 hours battery life with this combination.

Also, in control panel, my power plan settled as Balanced. not high performance. 

ı tried find solution via Hp support assistant software but software telling your battery is good. 

Do anyone have idea for fix this ? 

thanks, 

Yasin 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

My recommendation is to use HP Image Assistant to update BIOS and all drivers and suggested software, and make sure you install HP System Default Settings Softpaq, which sets a better power management profile... Also, be aware that having the screen brightness set to 100% will use significant more power than what is recommended, so adjust the brightness down if you can

To note, HP SUpport Assistant as a Battery Check tool that can tell if any of the cells have gone bad and can be used to replace the battery should that be the case

Finally, with updated BIOS, check the Battery Health Manager setting in the BIOS, which may be set to 'Maximize my battery Health'... in this case, battery is only charge to around 80% to prevent battery swelling... if you use the laptop as a laptop, not plugged in to power most of the time, you can change the setting to 'Let HP Manage Battery Charging', which will charge battery to full capacity in a safe mode

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.