Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
E243D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our elitebook 755 laptops do not seem to charge reliable connected with USB-C to either usb-c g4 or e243d charging docks.

It often takes a while before charging starts even when all other functions of the dock are working fine.

We are new to HP devices so I don't have many devices around. it's happening on both new laptops delivered.

anyone else seeing this?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The issue finally seems to be resolved in bios version 01.09.01

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Might have something to do with the "UCM-UCSI ACPI Device" exclamation mark in device manager.

On one laptop I fixed the exclamation mark by uninstalling and automatically reinstalling the UCM-UCSI acpi device and other usb devices in device manager.

On anoter I needed to reflash the bios for charging to work again.

HP Recommended

The problem has returned on my 755. It charges reliable on other docks but not on E243d.

BIOS version 01.08.00 is supposed to fix this, but it doesn't.

Fixes an issue on a system connected to an HP E223d/E243d DockingMonitor with a USB Type-C cable where the system battery does notcharge and the monitor does not display properly.

HP Recommended

The issue finally seems to be resolved in bios version 01.09.01

HP Recommended

Hello,

thank you for this, I will try this for our notebooks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.