stevenluaz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Elitebook 840 Charging Difficulties ONLY While On Ultraslim Dock 2013

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a strange problem when I dock my Elitebook 840 on the Ultraslim Dock 2013.

Everything else works fine when docked - screen, USB keyboard, other USB devices.  However, it is not charging consistently.  I can wiggle the computer a little, then it would trigger the charging for a few seconds then it stops.  UNLIKE other posts where it says "plugged in, not charging", my computer does not even think it is plugged into power.

Plugging the power directly into the computer works works fine.  Computer is Windows 10 Professional.

I have had this setup for almost 2 years now.  It seems it happened maybe once or twice before but today I just can't get it to keep charging.

So, it seems some contact is loose somewhere?  Or, it is some kind of driver/firmware issue? 

Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation