Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

i got a HP Elitebook 840 G6 with an Intel Core i5-8365U CPU. When the computer is plugged in into the dockingstation, it's as fast as it should and speeds of CPU are up to 4,1GHz as seen in task manager. 

But when i unplug it from dockingstation or any power supply, i do not get any higher speeds of around 2,5GHz. I have already check BIOS settings and Windows settings, everything should be good, as far as i can tell.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Georg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue, but my CPU is i7-8565U. The CPU throttling seems too aggressive on the battery, so much that lag is noticeable in example when I want to open YouTube video full screen. It is quite annoying.

On the power, I had to use tweak of power saving profile found on Reddit, otherwise the fan is constantly working.

I think that HP needs to do something about power management, because this is ridiculous.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.