Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
8NU47UC - HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'm trying to connect my HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook PC to a HP EliteDisplay E242, but with no success. I tried to connect it directly through HDMI and VGA and also when the notebook is on HP 2013 UltraSlim Docking Station (again through both variants - HDMI and VGA) - the Display was not recognized. I updated the Notebook with all available updates, I've downloaded all available firmware and drivers for the Display and for the Docking station, but the Display was not recognized. When i put an older laptop on the same Docking station with the same cable it works. Please advice me what to do...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

from your description, your problem seems to follow the display. if the display is not recognized either on the Ultraslim dock or directly connecting to the laptop, via HDMI, then the issue is the display

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hello

try to use HP Image Assistant on 840 G6

So you will be almost sure that everything is updated.

bye

HP Recommended

It's definitely not the monitor. It works perfect with an older version of HP laptop, using the same cables and the same docking station. Actually after discussions and check from the local IT the final decision was to use the warranty service to check the ports and repair the G6.

HP Recommended

I've used the Assistant, but even after all updates installed and BIOS update, the laptop doesn't recognise the monitor. It works perfect with an older version of HP laptop, using the same cables and the same docking station. Actually after discussions and check from the local IT the final decision was to use the warranty service to check the ports and repair the G6.

HP Recommended

Hello

I agree,  probably it's an hardware failure , otherwise it should work.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.