Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product Name: HP 8470P
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi All

My laptop, HP 8470P,  Recent time, when it's shutdown, and then turn on, but, i dont know why, it can't boot.  screen is inotices: Boot device not found  -  Hard Disk - (3F0)

(My Harkdisk is SSD Intel 520 (180G)

I waited about 2 minutes , and then  press Ctrl + Alt + delete to restart, you know, it can boot and it's normal operation

While the operation, there is no error at all, and if i restart laptop, i can boot normaly, 

I has updated to new bioss version

My English is little 

Thanks all 

p.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, ZBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you still receiving the boot device not found error message? I have attached a link below to an article that will walk you through troubleshooting this error message:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

********** I work for HP but my opinion is my own ***************************

Feedback is always appreciated so please click the purple thumbs up to give kudos to a post or accept as solution if I resolved your problem. Thank you!
HP Recommended

also make sure you have no USB devices attached that could confuse the BIOS. Or, in the BIOS (F10), change the boot default to show the SSD drive first, at the top of the list. Also, update the BIOS. That is often critical for some of these errors

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I would upgrade the firmware for your Intel 520 SSD to LB3i. 

Here's the enhancements:

For the Intel SSD 520 Series models:
- Provides improved PHY margin setting to prevented losing the link to the SATA drive.
- Provides the response time when the system resumes from sleep (S3) mode.

You can find this on the 8470p support page under firmware

or follow this direct link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212842&swItemId=ob_118158_1&swEnvOid=413...

I work for HP.

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.