Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

Yesterday i’ve upgrated Bios of my HP elitebook 850 G6 to the 1.20.01 Bios (sp140687.exe) and i have a touchpad bug.

My touchpad freezes many times in WINDOWS 11 and BIOS.

Everything was perfect before the update, During the update I noticed that it was also updating the clickpad firmware to version 00002038 ...that must be the problem.

I did a roolback to my old BIOS version but the problem persists.

But it is not possible to downgrade this firmware clikpad by reinstating the old Bios.

On the forum the same problem as me here:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Elitebook-850-G6-firmware-1-07-02-causes-touchpad-b... 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Thdm34fr 

Could be a technical/firmware issue of the touchpad.

I would recommend contacting a HP technician

https://support.hp.com/

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

For information I replaced the touchapad 1 year ago and that did not solve the problem...
With the previous upgrade, the upgrade stuck at 100% during the camera update. (problem observed by others).
I had to open the laptop and disconnect the battery.
After that the update continued and my touchpad bug disappeared!

HP Recommended

here is the problem i had with the previous update:

Hp Elitebook 840 Bios Update 01.20.00 freezing on camera fir... - HP Support Community - 8379684

After battery removal my touchpad was working normaly... 

HP Recommended

Hello @Thdm34fr 

Please tell me the full product name and product number (p/n) of your notebook. You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small letters.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thanks for your Help,

The name is HP Elitebook 850 G6

Product ID: 4YD63AV

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hello @Thdm34fr 

(1) Update BIOS (again)

HP BIOS and System Firmware (R70)

01.20.01 Rev.A20.2 MBJun 16, 2022Download

(2) Update synaptics

Synaptics Mouse Driver

19.5.9.50 Rev.A15.3 MBJan 24, 2021Download

(3) Reboot and test again ...

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thanks UB6424,

I tried your solution, Update bios with the same version (again) and update synaptics driver and reboot.

The touchpad freeze manytimes as if you put another finger on it.

It's not windows drivers because in BIOS it's the same problems.

It's possible to downgrade  clickpad firmware to previous version 00002038 ?

Regards.

Ps: I've tried to remove main battery and CMOS Battery but same problem 😞

HP Recommended

Hello @Thdm34fr 

Could be a technical/firmware issue of the touchpad.

I would recommend contacting a HP technician

https://support.hp.com/

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.