Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 855 g8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
A few weeks ago, I bought an HP Elitebook 855 G8 laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor.
Shortly after using it for a while, a problem with the touchpad was discovered.
Problem:
If you start moving your finger at the top of the touchpad, (in the area from the top edge to 1 cm), the cursor may not move or stop shortly.

In the area below 1 cm from the top edge, the touchpad works fine.
And if you move your finger from the bottom to the top, then there is no problem.
The cursor only freezes if you start moving at the top of the touchpad, downward or sideways.

I turned to an authorized HP service, where the touchpad was replaced (waiting for a spare part, more than 10 days), but the problem did not dare!
This defect also manifests itself in the BIOS! It means that the drivers and Windows OS are not guilty.

I guess the touchpad is defective, its firmware is not perfect, but I could not find updates for the touchpad.
Laptop BIOS updated, T82 Ver. 01.07.01, no changes.
Please, I ask for help in solving the problem, because it is difficult to use a laptop, the touchpad often fails ..

\ Sorry if there are errors, translated by google translator.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Perhaps there is an application for setting up - calibrating the touchpad?

I didn’t find it on the Synaptics website, they are also not in the laptop support applications and drivers.

The available applications do not work, because only the Pointing Stick is correctly detected in the device manager, and the Touchpad is defined as a standard device..(

You can watch a video of the problem at the link below. Perhaps this error exists in other models, please write! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CF_-5EuX8hG5dQqd6O7Bd7LPX1aGWEZC?usp=sharing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.