Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8560w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

can somebody help me?

I have an Elitebook 8560w, that doesn't charge the battery.

Battery is new, not OEM, but good quality.

System says xx% of battery, not charging. HP diagnostic tool generated some error code if it would be interesting for someone, but it means battery issue. Battery is is okay, i tried it on another laptop.

When I try to run the notebook powered only via the battery (charged in another notebook), notebook runs, but whistling high frequency tone.
Nice issue isn't it? 😄

I think there are two solutions: some software fix of this problem..? Or motherboard replacement. But how can I find motherboard number like for example 684319-001? I can not find number like this nowhere. Or what type of motherboard I can buy? How the boards differ? Socket? Or something else?
My serial is: 4CZ1420DZG (i7, 12GB, Quadro...)

Thank you everyone in advance for the reply.

Jakub

Jakub Vesely
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nobody knows at least type of the right board? 

Jakub Vesely
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.