Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G6
Ubuntu LTS

Hi I purchased a 840 G6 Elitebook and It will arrived on Tuesday iA

so I was a bit confused about the warranty. It has 2.5 years left manufacturer standard limited warranty remaining (approximately April 2023) as the seller purchased it in the middle of this year but didn't unbox it.

Which is great, but I read that the limited warranty for a HP laptops battery is a year from the purchase date. So after this year expires and I have 2 years remaining for the laptop warranty, not every component of the laptop is going to be covered by the warranty? In this case, the laptops battery would not be covered by the warranty after a year of purchase date, and the rest of the laptops components will?

Im not worried about charge cycles or general tear, but im worried is that if after 6 months the Laptops battery malfunctons or blows up (which would make it a year after the purchase date), would I be able to replace the battery myself with a genuine HP replacement without voiding the 2 years warranty remaining? or am I stranded here if HP does not fix laptops after a year of purchase date with defect batteries that appear after the year of battery warranty? I have no extended warranty or 'carepack'

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.