Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Other

We have new HP Elitebooks laptops that all are experiencing the same issue: if I connect the laptop to a USB-C dock that's not the Universal HP dock with the network cable connected, the laptop is completely unresponsive in the BIOS settings menu. If I connect the same laptop to the HP Universal dock, there is no problem navigating through the menu.

We have tested this with a Fujitsu USB-C dock and an i-Tec USB-C dock. Both are experiencing the same issue. The strange thing is that if we disconnect the network cable from the docking station we are able to navigate through the menus again.

This happens with MAC passthrough both off and on. Yesterday we even had a full crash with the error that HP Surestart detected an unauthorized intrusion to the HP runtime system firmware. I couldn't reproduce this error now. 

I have already updated the BIOS/firmware to the version from today, but no luck. Again: only happens while the network cable is plugged in.

Happens on all Elitebooks that we have here:

HP Elite X2 G4

HP Elitebook x360 830 G6

HP Elitebook 850 G6

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.