Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I want to Enable TPM and BitLocker on HP Elitebook 840G3  via MDT task sequence.

I am not able to find the BUC for this perticular model.

Please help...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Do you mean BIOS Configuration Utility?

HP BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

You can use the HP BCU referenced above. Assuming this is a new computer without a BIOS password...

1) Create a text file with the following and save it as biosconfig.txt.

BIOSConfig 1.0
;
;     Originally created by BIOS Configuration Utility
;     Version: 4.0.13.1
;     Date="2016/03/04" Time="16:32:30" UTC="-6"
;
;     Found 149 settings
;
TPM Specification Version
TPM Device
	Hidden
	*Available
TPM State
	Disable
	*Enable
Clear TPM
	*No
	On next boot
TPM Activation Policy
	F1 to Boot
	Allow user to reject
	*No prompts

2) Create a BAT file called hpTPMEnable.bat with the command below and place it in the Script Root of your deployment share (where all of the other MDT scripts exist). Make sure you update the locations of all the files so they reflect where you placed BIOSConfigUtility64.exe, biosconfig.txt and pwd.bin files. The account used by MDT needs to have read access to the directories you placed these files in. I recommend you put them inside of the deployment share. You will need to generate a password file (.BIN) using HPQPswd64.exe if you do not have one.

\\DEPLOYSERVER01\Workstations$\Custom\bios\hp\BIOSConfigUtility64.exe /set:"\\DEPLOYSERVER01\Workstations$\Custom\bios\hp\biosconfig.txt" /nspwdfile:"\\DEPLOYSERVER01\Workstations$\Custom\bios\hp\pwd.bin"

3) Add a Run Command Line Task to Your Task Sequence. I recommend doing it outside of WinPE (after the OS is installed).

For an example, see here: http://i.imgur.com/SXNtz4a.png

cmd.exe /c "%SCRIPTROOT%\hpTPMEnable.bat"

HP Recommended

there is also a white paper, linked from www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement, that reviews all that is needed to create, deploy, and maintain, a Windows image on an HP product. Althought designed for SCCM, you should be able to pull the information and use MDT instead (MDT is integrated into SCCM as OSD for image deployment)

THe white papers are listed in the 'HP CMS Whitepapers' page. Lots of good info there

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Could You please explain the second point? It's not clear, from where we can get BIOSConfigUtility64.exe Or/and HPQPswd64.exe.

Regarding \\DEPLOYSERVER01\Workstations$, is it a generic path , what does it mean ?should we replace by our local path or what ?

Can you eplain further this step ?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.