01-10-2017 11:55 PM
We have a Probook 4540S laptop runnung Windows 7 64-bit. We encrypted the machine using the HP encryption software that came with the laptop. After less than a week of use the use is getting the error "Windows Boot Manager - Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause".
I see the onscreen instructions to insert the Windows installation disk and run a repair. My question is, is this a valid suggestion to fix a laptop that has been encrypted, and if not is there a solution w/o having to reimage the machine?
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data