Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 13-ar0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

hopefully you will be able to help me with my issue. I have an, obvious, problem with graphic card drivers. When my computer goes to sleep for a longer period of time (more than 5 minutes) when turning the lid open nothing happens - I have to force shut down the machine to do a cold boot.

What have I tried:

1. reinstall the OS from scratch

2. download drivers from AMD support page

3. let windows do the driver installation

4. Use HP assistant on clean install of windows to get the drivers

5. Checked all the power options, classic well known device manager shenanigans.

6. Disable fast startup

Before someone asks me why I'm so sure that this is an software issue with drivers of vega 8 - simple - If I uninstall the drivers and leave the machine with generic windows drivers without any AMD software, resume from sleep works normally.

Hopefully someone has an idea how to help.

P.s. I have been extremely miserable with this device. To the point I had to upgrade my wifi card to Intel one as realtek one who came from factory was loosing packets, etc. I have seen this on 3 (three!!!) different laptops with some product number. I can't believe this is allowed to be sold.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Envy_FD_x360,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not waking up from sleep correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend download and install the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96661.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

os.PNG

HP Recommended

Still no solution for this? I even tried updating with drivers from AMD support page. Same thing.

And BTW - can one get the quiet setting in Command Center and how if windows are reinstalled?

HP Recommended

@Envy_FD_x360,

What is the version of the OS installed on your computer?

Here is how you can find the version.

Type "Winver" in the search box and fit enter.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

please see bellow.

I noticed one more thing - there is no more quiet setting in the HP command center 🙂

winver.PNG

HP Recommended

@Envy_FD_x360,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.