Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

im trying to connect an ethernet to my laptop but it isnt detecting it. when i get to internet and sharing centre i see a section under ethernet which shows: pci bus 0, device 25, function 0. it uses intel r 82579LM gigabit.  model is folio 9470m. please help. ill greatly appreciate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So it is a known good (active) ethernet (RJ-45) cable and you plug it into the computer and try to open a web browser and nothing happens. You need to go into Network and Internet settings/ethernet and see if it says connected. Also try device manager and see if there is an ethernet adapter showing there. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So it is a known good (active) ethernet (RJ-45) cable and you plug it into the computer and try to open a web browser and nothing happens. You need to go into Network and Internet settings/ethernet and see if it says connected. Also try device manager and see if there is an ethernet adapter showing there. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.