cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Bubbles90
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

External monitor not recognizes after laptop resumes from sleep

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15u G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I connected a HP Zbook 15u G5 to the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 through a USB-C connection. The dock is subsequently connected to a HP Z27 4k monitor through another USB-C connection. Everything seems to be working fine, expect when I resume my laptop after being asleep, the external monitor is not recognized and has to be powered off/on in order to display anything. I already checked for driver updates and even installed HP Assistant, both without success.  I'm running windows 10 version 1909, build 18363.778.  Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
1,049 993 106 205
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

did you even check the Thunderbolt G2 firmware version ?

did you try in the OSD Menu to select Power Control ,then select Auto-Sleep Mode, and then select Off  ?

bye

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
1,049 993 106 205
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

did you even check the Thunderbolt G2 firmware version ?

did you try in the OSD Menu to select Power Control ,then select Auto-Sleep Mode, and then select Off  ?

bye

Bubbles90
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks TryToDoMybest!

I had already updated the firmware of the dock, however the OSD menu suggestion was very helpful! I changed the following default setting under Power Control -> Power Mode from Power Saver to Performance which seems to do the trick.

Kind regards!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation