3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

FPS CRITICAL DROPS

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15cc501nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought this laptop for work and occasional games. I bought a computer last year in September and when I turn on any game, after some time cyclic drops of the FPS appear. All drivers have been updated and still nothing. The manufacturer boasted that even on this laptop you can play smoothly in GTA V, and that's not true. What could be the reason? I replaced the HDD drive with an SSD and used the same thermal paste and still nothing. Help me, if you know what's happening to him.

Greetings,

Nikolas

(I'm not live in USA or UK - I use Google translator, sorry)

3 REPLIES 3
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your laptop is perhaps best thought of as having a mid-range specification: seventh generation Core i5-7200U and an nVidia GeForce 940MX. It will not provide the performance of the high end gaming laptops sold by HP and other manufacturers.

Cyclic FPS drops suggest that your issue is the GPU being throttled, probably for thermal reasons. You only really have two options now that you are on the latest drivers - back off the graphics settings in the game or undervolt the GPU. Doing both at the same time may well help if neither one provides a solution by itself. I'm not familiar with undervolting that GPU and do not know whether it is possible or how much of a gain you are likely to get; you can only experiment to find what is possible with your system.

nkarlicki
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Than you for the help, i can undervolt GPU - that is blocked. But I’m updated my bios to latest version and its working.
Thank you for help. 🙂
0 Kudos
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's always worth checking for a BIOS update. I'm glad things seem to be working better for you now. Enjoy your gaming.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation