RishavA2y6hero
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Facing a warranty issue

HP Recommended
15-bs020wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing a warranty issues in my HP Notebook 15-bs020wm . It is said that the product warranty is for 1yr and as per my purchase I've bought it online at 28th December,2017 and should end in the same date of 2018 . But unfortunately when I checked my warranty status of my notebook it was said that my warranty period was over in 14th August ,2018. So It will be much helpful if anyone can give me a possible solution to have my warranty facilities back , as it is much needed now , so that I can fix my notebook.This is my bill of purchase which shows the date of my order placed and the date it has been shipped

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,482 122,659 20,176 30,952
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if you can use the online form to submit a warranty dispute claim.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

If that doesn't work, you will have to call HP and have a customer service rep help you with getting the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

In the USA/Canada, that number is:  1 (866) 724-8600

0 Kudos
Armbristercomp
Level 2
20 18 1 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you've tried submitting proof of purchase to validate your warranty and were unable, try this. I had the exact same experience with HP's website (see my post here). This is what finally worked for me (to get the form submitted successfully):

• Fill in all required information at https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty.
  • Use the "Dispute" link at the bottom of the warranty results page.
  • Fill in all required information on the dispute form.
  • Click the radio button indicating you'll attach proof of purchase (even if it's already selected).
  • This is the important part: attach your receipt in a format OTHER THAN .PDF (I ended up using a .PNG image file).

The times I tried submitting the form with a .PDF attached the website returned "HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable." After submitting with .PNG image I promptly received an automated email with case number.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation