Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio X360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning to all. I have a rather weird request. I'm looking for someone that would be willing to clone their clean hard drive so that I can get a copy of the factory image for my ZBook Studio X360 G5. 

Some background... I just got this thing last week and the first thing I did was download all the drivers from the SoftPaq and also created recovery media using the Cloud Recovery Client. Ok, so I began updating drivers and software, using HP Tools by the way, and my system became unusable... the amount of errors during installation, I have never seen before.  So, since I had no personal info on it I decided to do a factory reset BUT I received a blue screen saying the device with that information was inaccessible... never seen that before. So, genius that I am, I decided to do a recovery using the USB made with the Cloud client... BUT the system you end up with IS NOT the same one from the factory, FAR FROM IT. It's just plain jane Windows without even any HP software. I have spoken with HP support and they tell me that the recovery is overwritten with the image supplied by the USB... the genius that thought of that should be fired! 

Soooooo, I need a copy of the original recovery.... any takers... I would be more than willing to pay via PayPal for the trouble...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.