Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I did a factory reset for the BIOS on my EliteBook x360 

After the 'update', the laptop no longer boots. Pressing the power button results in the backlit keyboard lighting up and the internal fan spinning up for a few seconds. The lights then fade and the laptop switches off, with the power LED blinking white and orange a few times. This process usually repeats a couple of times before the laptop switches off permanently.

Nothing comes up on the screen during this process, so I can't enter BIOS/diagnostics to perform any tests of a recovery.

The laptop has been working perfectly up until now so I don't suspect a hardware fault.

Is there anyway to reset / recover the BIOS? I have downloaded the latest BIOS and used the utility to create a USB recovery drive (using the Windows +B or V), but the laptop doesn't appear to boot from USB with the drive attached.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.