tkirabali
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Fan Noise in recently purchased notebook

HP Recommended
Probook 440 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought HP Probook 440 G4 yesterday. I realized that the notebook is extremely loud. After 5 minutes later turning on the computer, fan noise starts. I can understand the fan noise when high CPU performance is required however this happens even when CPU is 5-10% loaded. Sometimes it lasts really long time, but sometimes I can hear the sound just for couple of seconds then it is gone. Is this the normal working condition for HP notebooks? What is the normal noise level for this computer? 

5 REPLIES 5
tkirabali
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like I will return the notebook tomorrow. It does not make any sense to me have such a loud noise even in idle mode or with internet surfing. I am totaly disappointed.

0 Kudos
Domizyz
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the same Notebook modell. Did you find a solution or did they manage to repair it? I tried reseting and update the BIOS, which also didnt help...

0 Kudos
JanS59
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a new Probook 440 G3 and it has excactly the same issue. The fan is loud and starts randomly even if I only use Word or Internet.

It must be a common problem with these laptops.

I hope someone has a solution?

0 Kudos
Domizyz
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update to problem:

I called the support about this problem and they picked the notebook up at my home. Because i still had two years of guarantee, they made the repairs for free and i got it back after three weeks. What they did in the repairs, was updating the BIOS and replacing some plastic parts of the notebook.

Now at the current state after the repairs, my notebook works way much better! The fan doesnt start anymore randomly and i can start the internet browser, word and such applications without any fan noise... I can work on it for like 3 hours without any fan noise starting. It improved a lot in my case and i just can recommend sending it in. Now its in the state how it actually should be from the start.

I have to say big thanks to the support, was really friendly and they did a very good job. It took them not no so long, if you consider they had to pick it up, ship it, repair it and bring it back and this all for free. Good support from HP. But of course it would have been better, if this problems with the fan wouldnt occur in the first place.

Soulution: Send it in to the support for repairements...

Hope this information helped you guys.

0 Kudos
Domizyz
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update to problem:

I called the support about this problem and they picked the notebook up at my home. Because i still had two years of guarantee, they made the repairs for free and i got it back after three weeks. What they did in the repairs, was updating the BIOS and replacing some plastic parts of the notebook.

Now at the current state after the repairs, my notebook works way much better! The fan doesnt start anymore randomly and i can start the internet browser, word and such applications without any fan noise... I can work on it for like 3 hours without any fan noise starting. It improved a lot in my case and i just can recommend sending it in. Now its in the state how it actually should be from the start.

I have to say big thanks to the support, was really friendly and they did a very good job. It took them not no so long, if you consider they had to pick it up, ship it, repair it and bring it back and this all for free. Good support from HP. But of course it would have been better, if this problems with the fan wouldnt occur in the first place.

Soulution: Send it in to the support for repairements...

Hope this information helped you guys.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation