Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360

Does anyone know how i file a formal complaint with HP?

I purchased my laptop on black friday and received it on Dec 5th or 6th.  

I was super thrilled as I was opening the box but it went down hill from there.

As I was setting up the laptop i realized the keyboard and track pad wasn't responding.

I tried to do my own trouble shooting for about an hour but nothing seemed to work so I ended up calling in HP technical support.

1st agent - got me to reset the bios + did a whole system reboot.  She said if it doesn't work I can call back, i asked if she could call me back and she said no (which is understandable).  I told her I would just find another agent myself as I don't have time tomorrow but she kept insisting to follow up.  We agreed she could email me. 

So after the system reboot, I was still having the issue.

2nd agent - Got me to do a keyboard test but disconnected and it took about 45 mins for someone to call me back, by that time i had already left the grocery store.  The manager said he would like to help me if I had the laptop in front of me, i laughed and told him i already waited 45 mins and i told him i'll call back later on my free time.

3rd agent - Got me to do a keyboard test again and it passed.  He says GREAT! everything is working.  I tell him that when i go into the home screen it still doesn't work (i noticed on the test functions it had a track pad test as well but the agent totally forgot about my secondary issue).  The agent proceeds to tell me that i can send my laptop in for repair.

Honestly, throughout all these interactions, none of these guys listened and they kept disconnecting during our conversations, what made it worst was the interaction with the 3rd agent he disconnected and when he reconnected he wrote a weird message that i'm assuming he meant for someone else because he goes on to say "forget about that link sir".  After i was clearly agitated I asked him if there's away for me to file a complaint and he ends the conversation.

Now on top of that, this is a brand new laptop i just took out of the box and I'm told to send it in for repair to have the keyboard replaced?  This is a joke, i'm talking to your sales team tomorrow and having this thing returned.  By far the worst customer service I've received.  I was only offered to have this exchanged because I brought it up.

HP, if i wanted something broken that was fixed, I would buy a refurb.  Thanks.  

I never file complaints but I really hope someone here tells me how to, cause i wasted 4 hours of my life and god knows how many more hours i'll waste tomorrow.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dlieu

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.