Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Firefly G7 14"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There,

Basically I was ordered a HP Firefly G7 14" through work to have a mobile workstation for use with AutoCAD and Revit. 

Now the issue is I don't believe the machine has been specified with a dedicated graphics card, whilst this doesn't seem to affect the use of AutoCAD I'm sure it will with Revit. AutoCAD also seems to struggle and be very laggy when used on a secondary 1440p secondary monitor via usb c, could this be because the laptop is 4k and not playing well with 1440? or because the lack of DGPU?

I have checked device manager and under Display adaptors two items are listed 

- Intel(R) UHD Graphics

- Citrix Indirect Display Adapter 

Does this mean two graphics cards are detected? I'm unsure what Citrix Indirect Display Adapter is.

For info the spec of the machine appears to be;

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10810U CPU @ 1.10GHz, 1608 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

32GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dan214 

Mobile workstations do not have graphics "cards"; instead, they have graphics chips that serve the same function.

According to the HP spec sheet for your model, it should have (1) integrated Intel graphics and (2) Nvidia P520 discreet graphics with 4GB of VRAM:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-zbook-firefly-14-g7-mobile-workstation/32849630/document/c06...

If yours does not have these, then you need to see about returning it for a model that does.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, how would I check if this graphics chip is installed? Would it be shown in the display adapters section of device manager?

HP Recommended

@Dan214 

You're correct -- you should see two entries under  Control Panel --> Device Manager --> Display Adapters, one for each.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.