Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I recently purchased a new Elitebook 840. There has since the beginning been issues with flashing screen, it is randomly going to black screen. It is reeeeally annoying and impossible to use the laptop!

When working throw dock-station, there is no issue!

I have just performed all available system-updates which I have found to make sure the sw are up-to-date, but it does not help!

Please provide me with latest sw packages if there is a known reason? Or abother solution for this issue!

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Christian

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Christian19 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

• In order to be able to better assist you, could you elaborate on what you mean by "flashing screen" ?
  • Once it goes to black screen, does it return back to normal automatically ?
  • Any sound or screen notification ?
  • Any chance to take a video of all the PC and situation, upload it somewhere and give me link to watch it ?
Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi again

1. Please see the film below.

2. Please see the film below.

3. Nope.

4. Yes, please see: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AIp4G82Yn5EGOx-O26-F2ionaULq2I2w?usp=sharing 

Best Regards

Christian

HP Recommended

Hello @Christian19 

I watched the video and the situation is really unpleasant. Sorry about these issuues.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes and keep me updated, please :Glasses:

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.