Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Apologies if this is the wrong board to post to. I work IT at a large company, and over the last two years we issued numerous HP Thunderbolt Dock G2's to users using Zbook 15 G3's. We have had constant problems with these, and I have tried to speak with HP but nothing they suggested helped. Hoping the community can help here. Basically monitors plugged in through display port on the docks will flicker on and off, then just stay off after a few minutes. Users have to then reboot and redock. This happens multiple times a day and some users have given up on the dock entirely and just plug directly into the laptop. We also have the odd problem with USB's not working through the dock, specifically for a spacepuck/3d mouse. We have also had problems with people even slightly moving the dock with everything plugged in; and then losing monitors, USB's and ethernet. 

Now at this point it's difficult to say what we have NOT tried at this point. I've googled suggestions and even spoke with HP back in December. We have tried firmware updates, various other updates using the HP image assistance software, swapped out docks for other ones, verified monitors and cables work. We believe the issue is tied to the USB-C cable from the dock that connects to to the laptop. One thing to mention is when I'd try a firmware update for some users; the Thunderbolt 3 software would tell me it did not detect the dock connected. When in fact it is connected, AND the software itself actually shows the dock connected. 

Is there any other solutions you guys might have to help here? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.