17 11 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Freezing laptop

HP Recommended
Hp Probook 440 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My laptop: HP Probook 440G3 is randomly yet regularly freezing since a week. I am not sure if its caused by software/driver or is it a hardware issue. Its hard freeze where nothing responds including power button or keyboard or mouse and I have to force turn off the system by powering it down.

Any suggestions on how to perform detailed diagnostics will be helpful. I checked from BIOS component tests and it looks fine for now. Any additional or complementary test that can be performed to validate if RAM/ SSD or anything else is failing?

Also, is there something to test if bluetooth is creating issues. Usually it hangs on post- office hours. The only diff is that I use bluetooth earphones for conferences or listening music.

Configuration:

2x 8GB RAM: Kingston, Samsung

2x 1TB SSD: Western Digital Blue M.2, Samsung Evo 850 Sata 3

Windows 10 v1803

Will post any further data if needed

2 REPLIES 2
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
829 820 81 166
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

first of all check if everything is update:

use HP Image Assistant:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

Bye

0 Kudos
ashubisht
Author
Level 2
17 11 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ironically, lot of images/ driver versions are different and mine has newer version installed than what is being compared at reference image. And all these drivers were provided to me bny Softpaq Downlaod Manager. 

BIOS setting is different at UEFI Boot Order, Wake Unit from sleep when lod is opened is enabled and VT-x is enabled (which I need for VirtualBox)

I can rollback the drivers to older version but I am afraid HP Support Assistant/ SDM or Windows 10 will simply go and update it again. And anyhow they are later version and present in HP drivers page too for this model.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation