Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Elitebook 840 G5 when hooked up through thunderbolt to my USB-C G4 dock will not detect my external monitors.  All Bios and drivers have been updated.  The G4 dock and monitors work perfectly with my other Lenovo computer.  Also, I have tested the Elitebook at my work using a VAVA dock and HP monitors and it works fine.  Can someone please tell me what is going on and why these two HP products do not work together even though they are compatible. 

HELP!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

check in "Device Manager" if there is a device some warning symbol.

IF thunderbolt controller is not working fine external monitors will not work

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.