cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biopolymere
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

G5 USB-C Dockingstation - how to connect and to update firmware ?

HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

working from home using Elitebook provided by company, i.e. can not change / add / adjust software package.

Have no other machine with USB-C and now wondering how to update firmware etc of dockingstation G5 I bought to connect company's laptop with 2 HP monitors I bought (to ensure compatability bought same HP monitors as we do have in company's office).

Is it possible to update / assess dockingstation via IP & browser and e.g. to adjust update to automatic mode ?

Would it work to use USB-C femal to USAB-A male adapter to connect to private device and then to update firmware etc. ?

Could not find info in manuals / web search etc.

Many thanks in advance for hints / help

Background

Reason for thinking about to update is because facing issues when connecting Elitebook in office with HP USB-C universal dockingstation and connecting at home with G5 afterwards... USB driver issues, no monitors.

Funnywise, using another machine of a collague works with G5 without problems and confirms that issue is with my machine. Of course, company IT is informed and tries to fix... but better to ensure that "my" hardware is up to date as well.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation