Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi There,

I would like to upgrade the graphic card for my SFF desktop: HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF (Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33Ghz Processor, 4G RAM DDR3, Intel GMA 4500). I know that Radeon HD 6350 will work well in my system. Could you please recommend graphic card for my system that is better than the HD 6350? Will Radeon HD 7750 low profile work well?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You know the limit is going to be that anemic 135w power supply. It is going to have to be a bus-powered low profile card.

I think you have done your homework well because best I can tell, the HD 7750 low-profile is your best bet:

http://icrontic.com/article/sapphire-radeon-7750-low-profile-review

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You know the limit is going to be that anemic 135w power supply. It is going to have to be a bus-powered low profile card.

I think you have done your homework well because best I can tell, the HD 7750 low-profile is your best bet:

http://icrontic.com/article/sapphire-radeon-7750-low-profile-review

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your prompt response. The link for HD 7750 that you provided is very informative.

The price tag for HD 7750 low profile is still high for me at the moment ($150 + shipping). Are there any other cheaper cards that you recommend for me to browse?

By the way, the power supply for SFF Elite 8000 is 240V (135V is for USDT Elite 8000).

HP Recommended

Yes 240 watts. Still pretty anemic but better. Here is a good article collecting all the best cards under $110.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-2.html

HP Recommended

so brother which grphics card did you bought

HP Recommended

So guys, is there anyone who actually tried Radeon HD 7750 low Profile on an HP 8000 SFF?

HP Recommended

Hi .

I was studing this topic and have bought used card. 

somehow something went wrong and insted of Radeon HD 6350 I have got HD 6850.

Looks like it needs to be connected with 6pin plug that was not present in this PC. I have bought 6pin SPLITTER.

After connecting the card to this splitter PC  can't be switched on. 

It doesn't react on power button at all.

After disconnecting it works, but doesnt't "see"  new graphics card (cooler on the card doesn't work as well) 

Any help?

Is this card broken or it  consumes to much power so power is cutted off and PC can't be switched on .

Is Radeon HD 7750 OK?

HP Recommended

do you still any recommended graphic card

HP Recommended

I know this is a *very* old post, however I own an HP Compaq Pro 6305 SFF (this is more or less the same as the 8000) and it runs the 7750 just fine. A Windows Experience Index of 4.3 on Windows 7 isn't really great but yeah the card is supposed to be about the best one can do considering the PSU limitation of 240V.  I'm happy with it 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.