Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought one online as they had the cheapest price and It developed a fault pretty quickly; it shut itself down randomly and for seemingly no reason, it would do it at all different times, often when just sitting there not doing much, sometimes after a few days use, sometimes within minutes of switching on, Plugged into the mains or not

It always restarted itself again afterwards back to the password in stage.

So I contacted the vendor, their services were a bit sloppy, but it ended up going back eventually after we'd gone through the motions. Another arrived pretty quick and it did exactly the same!
I was pondering if they'd just sent the same one back thinking I was trying it on, but have no proof and it didn't seem like it. This is where dealing with someone hundreds of miles away becomes more difficult and time consuming, so I asked for my money back and they said yes.

In the meantime as I really needed one I purchased the same model locally, I figured it would be easier to deal with someone just a mile away, given the time scale and its now post Christmas they were within £10 of the original one anyhow.

So guess what? Oh yeah, within a few hours of use it's developed exactly the same fault as the other two and has now done it twice within the first 8hrs of usage.

Any ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.