Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@ChuteBoxe - can you run the following from an Administrative Command Prompt?

powercfg /SYSTEMSLEEPDIAGNOSTICS && powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY && powercfg /ENERGY

Can you provide screenshots of the following?

• "System Sleep Diagnostics" report: "User Not Present Intervals"
  • "System Power Report" report: A portion of the table with columns: START TIME, DURATION, STATE, ENERGY CHANGE, etc. showing details of when the laptop is sleeping
  • "Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report": At least the first half that may show any errors

Pictures or driver dates and versions for your video and audio drivers.

I think all of this would be really helpful. I uninstalled my AMD software earlier and I can put my laptop to "sleep" without it crashing upon waking up. However, it isn't going into the actual deep sleep it should be so I'm curious what yours results look like.

HP Recommended

Even though i cannot bring anything new to the table, i have the same issue. Removing the AMD Software won't help, the restart happens randomly after the recocovery from sleep, while a video is playing, usually on YouTube but today it crashed when i was checking the webcam video mode on Zoom before entering a meeting... HP, we are waiting for your input here

HP Recommended

Here the same issues with a HP255 G8 5300u model. Random reboots and no solution yet. I think every 5300U model has this problemn.

Maybe that HP can resolve this issue fast or we can create a special website for it for more exposure for this issue.

HP Recommended

Same here: Linux 5.18.13, Fedora 36, Firmware F26. Random crashes after standby. When i close my lid (standby), then it crashes as soon as the displays lighten up.

Information from my Linux System:

Machine:
 Type: Laptop System: HP product: HP 255 G8 Notebook PC
   v: Type1ProductConfigId serial: XXXXXXXX
 Mobo: HP model: 8905 v: 83.21 serial: XXXXXXXX UEFI: Insyde v: F.26
   date: 10/20/2021
CPU:
 Info: quad core model: AMD Ryzen 3 5300U with Radeon Graphics bits: 64
   type: MT MCP cache: L2: 2 MiB
 Speed (MHz): avg: 1457 min/max: 400/3900 cores: 1: 2616 2: 1640 3: 1339
   4: 1141 5: 1019 6: 1128 7: 1677 8: 1097
Graphics:
 Device-1: AMD Lucienne driver: amdgpu v: kernel
 Device-2: Chicony HP Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo
 Display: server: X.Org v: 1.20.14 with: Xwayland v: 22.1.3 driver: X:
   loaded: amdgpu unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa gpu: amdgpu
   resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
 OpenGL:
   renderer: AMD RENOIR (LLVM 14.0.0 DRM 3.46 5.18.13-200.fc36.x86_64)
   v: 4.6 Mesa 22.1.4

HP Recommended

Based upon my testing, I'm starting to think our issues are related to audio drivers. However, this is an interesting class action lawsuit against HP, which may be related: https://www.classaction.org/blog/class-action-says-defect-in-hp-amd-computers-causes-severe-stutteri...

HP Recommended

Bump since this is still not fixed

HP Recommended

Bios update available - F31 👍

HP Recommended

F31 bios fixed the restart problem (at least for me!)

Here the changelog:
ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides support for Windows 11 22H1.
- Improves System stability.

I also updated the Realtek RTL8xxx Series Wireless Lan Drivers to the latest version.

HP Recommended

Can also confirm that F31 seems to fix the bug. However, I’d still consider my testing preliminary at this point and only time will tell, i.e., I will watch out and report some time in the future if I notice anything (both negative as well as positive, e.g., problem came back after some time, new bugs introduced with this BIOS or, hopefully, “would recommend update”) for people who wanna be on the safe side.

Note: If you wanna update your BIOS, carefully follow the instructions to not render your laptop completely useless. BIOS updates shouldn’t be done when it’s stormy. There’s an HP tutorial, too, for those who don’t know what needs to be done (just search for “hp bios update” and you will find the YouTube tutorial).

HP Recommended

the F31 update seems to have fixed the issue for me as well. After the BIOS update, I put the laptop to sleep for a minute, waked it up, played a video on Youtube for about an hour, & no random restart happened.. 

hope it works for others & that HP didn't screw anything else with that update..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.