cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eenewgen
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 3005pr USB3 Port Replicator - Front USB sometimes shorts when device plugged in and powers off

HP Recommended
Elitebook with 3005pr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is connected to a 3005pr which enables me to use two larger monitors and other devices.  However, sometimes when I plug a device into the front USB ports I see a little spark and everything goes dead.  I can unplug the power and plug it back in and it works, including the device I plugged in.  My concern is with safety for me and any device plugged into the replicator.  This has been an issue since I first started using the device and I'm finally tired of it happening. 

2 REPLIES 2
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the power socket correctly grounded and are you using the original HP power adapter and cable?

0 Kudos
eenewgen
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it and all other devices are properly grounded (three prong).  I'm pretty sure it's the original power adapter, but I have 6-7 due to multiple laptop and two other replicators.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation