Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PROBOOK 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i need to find out if USB Type-C connector of HP PROBOOK 450 G4 series supports VIDEO ALTERNATE MODE - to connect docking stations with video outputs.

Does anybody know if it does or not or how to find out this information?

I tried to find this information out in quick specs, user guides, HP web sites, but I did not get the answer.

I suppose if it is not written anywhere so this notebook does not support this function.

Thank you for your support.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The technical specs (quickspecs) product bulletin is posted on the web, like for all other HP products

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05123921

In this case, it only mentions usb-c without describing it as Gen 1 or G2. This port is a usb 3.1 gen1 which means is a standard usb 3.0 connection with the usb-c connector. It will NOT support alt-mode pass-through

In terms of docks, however, we do have usb docks available to use with the probook that have displaylink support

--- HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator (  H1L08AA very popular ) - http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04154411

-- usb-c docking station ( T3V74AA/UT ) - supports dual 2k monitors

neither will charge the laptop, however

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Dear, 

I have the Probook 450 G4 + the USB C docking as mentioned in this topic (T3V74AA) 

I downloaded the drivers + conntected the usb c dock but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

HP Recommended

Not sure how my experience is pertinent but I bought the 15T version of Spectre X360 and this DOES NOT WORK with replicator Y4H06AA  advised below.  The 45W brick is inadequate!  The 90W brick on the Elite Dock does work!  Regardless the power I have not managed to make ANY USB-C dock's displaysport/HDMI work.  USBs do work for audio, mouse. keyboard etc.  HP stinks for the runaround it has given me!

HP Recommended

the usb-c (T3V74A) dock requires displaylink drivers. did you load those drivers? you can try loading the latest from www.displaylink.com. also, try connecting it to the usb 3.0 port via the included adapter

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.