cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielos
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 655 - BIOS update failed and laptop is not starting anymore (black screen / caps lock flashing)

HP Recommended
HP655 B6M65EA#ABD
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I got a HP 655 laptop (B6M65EA#ABD) and wanted to execute a bios update using WIN7PRO and the official HP file.

So I downloaded sp66770.exe, which would update from F.02 to the most current bios version F.29. The flashing process ran without any issue (at least it looked like), however after the laptop rebooted itself, the screen remains black and the caps lock keeps flashing.

I did some research on the internet and tried different approaches, but in the end I haven't been able to solve the issue, which means I can't access bios nor Windows.

What I did:

- took the battery out, unplugged the power supply and pressed the power button for one minute -> nothing

- removed CMOS battery for 10 minutes -> nothing 

- tried to create a bootable USB stick (HP BIOS Recovery), but the sp66770.exe isn't capable of doing that

Looking for help.

Best,
Daniel

1 REPLY 1
Danielos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing? No answer? No help?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation