cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 840 G3 and external monitor, wifi drop

HP Recommended
840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP 840 G3 and I have connected my LG 29UM58 monitor using a HDMI to Displayport adapter because the ;laptop doesnt have an HDMI port.

Funny thing is that if I connect monitor wifi starts dropping packets and performs very slow, once monitor is detached it works fine. I have seen other posts too on internet where people complain about simillar thing with laptops of different brands.

The monitor doesnt have any wifi connection so its not a problem with interference, when I unplugged the displayport the monitor was still powred ON and performance became fine which again means its not related to any inteferance .

Do you know what problem can this be?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4
128 123 8 12
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi 

do the monitor have LAN port in back or not?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no. this LED monitor doesnt have any LAN port or Wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
109 109 10 14
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi ,

In this case , I request you to update all the drivers in the unit and the unit bios to BIOS Version:01.13 Rev.A (7 Nov 2016)

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

Type:BIOS
Version:01.13 Rev.A(7 Nov 2016)
Operating System(s):
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) | View all
File name:sp78255.exe (12 MB)

Link : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815295&swItemId=ob_178204_1&swEnvOid=419...

Also , for updating the unit drivers you can use the HP soft pac download manager .

HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM)

Version : 4.3.4.0

Softpaq Exe : sp76805.exe

Link : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_SDM.html

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation