Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8460P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know this has been asked before but none of the supplied answers or drivers have solved my issue. 

HP 8460p Windows 10 pro 64 bit unknown device Port_#0001.Hub_#0004 USB\VID_138A&PID_003C\00308A9D188%MCEPASTEBIN%.   I have an external usb drive that I have to unplug and plug in every time it boots.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package contains the driver that enables the Validity Fingerprint Sensor in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security
applications.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package contains the driver that enables the Validity Fingerprint Sensor in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The fingerprint sensor scans fingerprints for use with biometric security
applications.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you, Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thanks you for the biometric driver solution. HP no longer provides drivers or support for the elitebook 8460p and so the link you provided was so appreciated.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.