Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq 6530s
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello all,

i have a 6530s that I bought new 10 years ago and I still use it. Now, I am trying to use bluetooth earphones with it and according to the 6530s specs it has bluetooth:

HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology:
Bluetooth Specification v2.0 compliant Works with a wide range of Bluetooth devices

Or not? Because it I can't get it to work with the driver provided by hp (note: the last official drivers were for windows 7, but practically all of them also work with windows 8). Is it possible that this model has no bluetooth?

thank you!

Manuel

compaq 6530s

ram: 4GB

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@european_es 

The is one option for wifi with Bluetooth on page 5 of the following manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01550094.pdf

You aare talking about a 11.5 years old machine. Finding it now would be impossible. Please try

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adaptor-taacb75au

There are many brands and models around, cheaper too.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

That means that this model has in fact a built-in bluetooth function? I can see the option is there on page 5 of the manual and in official specs, but when I install the driver "HP Integrated module with Bluetooth wireless technology" , it says: "Cannot find the device". So it's there as stated in the docs or not? Seems not....*confusing.

Yes,  an USB to Bluetooth adapter is a good possibility. I didn't have this idea before. It is surely the best option. Despite the age of this machine, but I will check if there is an ExpressCard with bluetooth capabilities somewhere too.

Anyway, thank you for this useful option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.