Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

The issues is, I have this chromebook send in -to repair december 2019 cause no power on.

After I receiver it back it working fine, but after 6month. We need collect all devices(summer/school closing) and I identified this device has no sync to Google consol (enrollment). after I check the serial number on the device, I can see HP technician had code the wrong serial number on the motherboard,  they have not used the capital letters on serial number.  So I call the the HP Support and tell them the issue, but they tell the device are no more warranty and they will not send technician to make Onsite or carry-in. I call them back to tell, they can send me the RMA SHIM Tools, so I can fix the problem, but the answer is "no". only for HP Technician.  

I tell them this is not my fail, this issue is the HP technician fail.  !?#%#¤ - so feeling very bad support from HP. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hduyb 

I realize you did not ask for help.

Your comments are welcome as long as they adhere to HP Support Community: Rules of Participation - and your comments do so.

You also know that "we" are not HP and cannot speak for decisions made by HP Support.

Nonetheless,

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look.
  • Please know that because our Community is not HP Technical Support, we are not a direct conduit to HP.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 
  • Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims.

Note to those reading:

• Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.